Saturday 14 March 2015

203 OS 10 An Unexpected Visitor (Part 11)




Link to my new short story: Taking Care of You


“I thought I was dreaming when I first saw you," he said.

 “How did you know it was me?” she asked. “I could have been anybody. A thief even.”

He smiled wearily. “I don’t know many thieves who would look at me with anxious eyes and then cry because I was sick,” he mumbled.

Is it possible for love to bloom, sight unseen? Juhi and Abhay are strangers who know each other better than they know themselves. One night changes the equation and the even tenor of their lives and puts all their doubts and fears to rest.



http://pothi.com/pothi/book/ebook-smita-ramachandran-taking-care-you



Link to my first e-novel; A Home for Meenakshi

http://pothi.com/pothi/book/ebook-smita-ramachandran-home-meenakshi

"I love the way you love, Meenu," he whispered, his eyes on hers. "Such loyalty, such passion..."

Meenakshi Sharma, an orphan, lives in Varanasi with her uncle, a chronic bachelor who wants her to become a professional musician. She unwillingly relocates to Delhi to study under a renowned musician for eight months. Staying for rent in the outhouse of the Agrawals, she meets Aditya Agrawal, an attractive young man brooding over the memories of his horrendous past. Pulled between her uncle's expectations of her and Aditya's love for her, Meenakshi struggles with her feelings. How can she disappoint her uncle who had devoted his entire life to her upbringing? How can she pretend to be blind to Aditya's feelings for her? A romance that moves between the alleys of the holy city of Varanasi and the modern city of Delhi.

A blog for my VMs:

http://smitarsvms.blogspot.in/








Part 11




“I always get into trouble,” Khushi sighed as Laxmi went away to the kitchen in search of fresh green leafy vegetables.




“Don’t worry, Khushi,” Arnav comforted her. “I will take care of you,” he promised earnestly.

She frowned. “It is a full-time job,” she warned him.

“I am ready,” he smiled.

“Are you getting married to me or becoming my bodyguard like Salmanji was Kareena Kapoorji’s?” Khushi asked.

Arnav chuckled.

“Well, both are the same, I guess,” she admitted.

This sent Arnav guffawing again.

“Arnavji, I think I finally found out why you want to marry me,” Khushi declared.

“Why?” he asked softly, his eyes mellow, molten.

“Because I make you laugh,” she stated.

Arnav choked.

“You think I am a joker, a female Kapil Sharmaji,” Khushi pouted.

“Who?” Arnav asked.

“Don’t you watch TV at all?” Khushi asked, disgusted.

“Well, rarely,” he admitted, hiding his smile. “News sometimes.”

“News? He Devi Maiyya, what a sadu you have given me!” Khushi complained. “Will I have to watch news with you after we are married?” she asked apprehensively.

“No,” he set her mind at rest, fighting to contain his amusement.

“Thank God!,” she said, genuinely glad to be spared the torture.

His shoulders shook.

“Arnavji, shall we go to your room? I want to see the pool,” Khushi suggested innocently.

Arnav swallowed hard. “Yes, why not?” he asked, trying to sound equally innocent.

“Chaliye,” she caught his arm and tugged.

“One minute,” he stopped her but made sure that her hand was still on his arm by holding it in place.

He led her to Buaji.

 “Buaji, Khushi wants to see the pool. I am taking her up. If you want us to come down, please ask Di to call me on my phone,” he informed the middle-aged lady.

Buaji’s eyes flew open. Was it right to send Sanka Devi to Arnav babua’s room? Buaji wondered. But then her eyes fell on the hundreds of lamps lit all over the room. Titliyya would be safer with Arnav babua than alone here, she concluded. And shagun was over anyway, Buaji comforted herself.

“Jao, Nandkisore,” Buaji send them off with her blessings. “Titliyya, don’t fall in the pool this time. Or pull in Arnav babua after you.”

“I won’t, Buaji,” Khushi promised seriously. “I just want to see the reflection of the lights in the water.”

Buaji nodded.

Arnav looked around for his family. Nani, Mamaji, Akash and Di were busy. Mami was not to be seen. He quickly called Mami on her phone.

“Hello Hi Bye Bye, Arnav bitwaa, bhat ijj wrong?” Mami asked.

“Err..nothing, Mami. Where are you?” he asked, moving with Khushi on his arm towards the stairs.

“In my roomwaa, repairing my makeupwaa,” Mami explained. “The heat made my makeupwaa run down my face, Arnav bitwaa. I look like a canbas now,” she sighed.

“A what?” Arnav frowned.

“A canbas. Oohee on which artist log splash colours,” Mami clarified.

“A canvas?” Arnav asked.

“Yejj, yejj. Why did you call Mami?” she asked.

“Err..Mami, I am taking Khushi to my room. She wants to see the pool,” he explained.

Mami drew in a sharp breath. “Arnav bitwaa, gets that orange tyre,” she advised.



“Orange tyre?” he frowned.

“Yejj, the one bache log wears when swimming. Naahi to you will have to drinks a lot of the pool water,” Mami was blunt.

Arnav chuckled. “I will take care,” he reassured her.

“You go. I will call you if anybody asks aphter you,” she promised him.

“Thanks, Mami,” he smiled.

“Arnav bitwaa, phix the sagai date soon. Then you won’t have to hide like this,” Mami whispered.

“I will,” Arnav smiled.

He opened the door to his room and led Khushi inside.

As he switched on the light, Khushi shut and locked the door after them.

She ran to the pool and gazed at the reflection of the fairy lights decorating his garden, taking care to stand away from the edge.

“Arnavji, the reflection moves when wind disturbs the water,” Khushi exclaimed softly.

He walked to stand by her. “Move closer, Khushi,” he invited.

“I will fall in,” she cautioned him.

“I will catch you,” he promised, taking hold of her arm and interlinking their fingers.

Khushi smiled and took a step closer to the edge. He joined her.

“Arnavji,” she breathed. “Look at us. We look like characters from a play.”

Arnav smiled. “Yes, a princess and a sadu,” he replied.

Her face fell. “Did you mind that I called you sadu? Don’t take it to heart, Arnavji. I may call you all sorts of names, but you can be sure that I don’t mean them,” she promised him.



Arnav burst out laughing.

“Lo, phir shuru ho gaya,” Khushi grumbled. “What does he find so funny, I don’t know!”

He managed to control his laughter. He looked down appreciatively at the picture they made.

“You are beautiful, Khushi,” he murmured.

“Acha?” she asked, her eyes twinkling with merriment. “Only you will say so.”

“Sachi,” he reassured her. “Your hair, you eyes, your smile...” he began.

“And my lehenga?” she asked.

“And your lehenga,” he said smiling. “It is beautiful.”

“I made it,” she claimed.

His eyes flew open. “You made it?” he asked in awe.

“Yes,” she nodded. “Some aunty who came to buy sarees in our shop left behind a fashion magazine. I found the design in it. The cloth is from our shop.”

He stared at her in silent admiration.

“You are a wonderful person, Khushi,” he said finally. “Let no one tell you any different.”

Khushi giggled.

“Shall I give you a gift for the lehenga?’ he asked.

“Gift?” her eyes widened in pleasure and anticipation.

“Yes, a lightningwala gift,” he warned her.

Her mouth fell open. Then she quickly brought her hand to cover her lips, her eyes wide.

“One kiss,” Arnav suggested.

“Is it necessary, Arnavji?” Khushi asked nervously. “Woh kya he, it makes me feel funny,” she confessed.

“It makes me feel..err..funny too,” he admitted, hiding his mirth.

“Oh,” she reconsidered. “If it makes your heart beat louder than a drum, burns your lips, makes you shiver and tremble, makes your legs shake, makes you dizzy and your stomach ache like it does to me, then it is alright, I suppose,” she said.

Arnav swallowed.

“Khushi, last time I kissed you without giving you any advance warning. This time we will do this slowly,” he offered, hoping desperately that she would accept his offer.

Khushi nodded uncertainly. She looked down at the ground. Would she collapse this time too? She hoped she didn’t fall in the pool. “Arnavji, can we move away from the water?” she asked timidly.

“Yes,” he agreed, tugging her to stand beneath a tree that had balloons with lights hanging from its branches.

Distracted by the sight above her head, Khushi smiled. “This is beautiful. Anjaliji has brilliant ideas,” she praised the decoration and lowered her head to look at Arnav to see that he was standing very close to her, ready to give her a lightning shock.

“Now?” Khushi asked.

“We have to practice,” he said seriously, trying desperately not to guffaw.

She nodded slowly.

“Khushi, I am going to kiss you,” he warned her.

Khushi nodded. She swallowed and readied her face for the attack as though she  were going into battle.

Arnav choked on laughter.

“Kya hua, Arnavji? Are you nervous too?’ she asked him, pity in her voice.

Arnav’s shoulders shook and he turned his face away lest she see his expression.

“Don’t be, Arnavji,” she comforted him. “It is just me.”

Arnav lifted his head to look at her, his eyes filled with a blend of amazement and gratitude and pure love.

“Khushi, it is just me. You don’t have to be scared,” he repeated her words.



Khushi beamed. “You are right, Arnavji. It is just you. Why was I being scared as though you had invited me at night to a bhoot bangla?” she asked.

Arnav stared at her in admiration.

“Kiss me, Arnavji, as many times as you want,” she invited him, lifting her face to him. “Should I stand on a small stool? I am shorter than you.”

“No,” he managed to say. “I will manage.”

She nodded obediently, smiling away.

Arnav stepped closer, his eyes on her sweet face, wanting to hug her and carry her away to a world where only they existed.

Slowly his arms rose and his hands cupped her face.

“That feels nice,” Khushi encouraged him, thinking that he was nervous.

Arnav could not control his smile. Khushi smiled too to put him at ease.

Slowly he angled her head and lowered his face to hers.

“Arnavji, rukiye,” Khsuhi whispered.

He stopped his descent.

“Let me take a long breath. I may not be able to breathe for a long time once you start kissing me,” she explained.

He stared at her in stupefaction.


She drew in a deep breath and then nodded at him to start kissing her.

29 comments:

  1. OMG this Khushi is just incredible. No wonder Arnav can't stop guffawing!

    Hydsri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute of khushi

    Just love her

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is,absolutely a gone case.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Khushi is very adorable encouraging and boosting his self confident to kiss her....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Khushi is very adorable encouraging and boosting his self confident to kiss her....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Khushi giving kissing tips to Arnav

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow man
    she is so cute
    giving him tips
    on how to kiss her
    the way she encouraged him to kiss her
    no worries
    no hesitation
    god she is so sweet
    no wonder he loves her
    not only because she makes him laugh like kapil
    but because of her innocence too
    damn she just makes his life worth living
    hmmm secret rendezvous huh
    in his room for kisses
    no wonder he wanted to make sure no one interrupted him
    even asked them all to steer clear from his room
    hmmm buaji is right she is better off with him
    safer for sure
    he can protect her from herself
    and she falls in trouble way too much
    wow she made that lehenga
    she is talented
    and not just to make him laugh
    dont worry khushi you will be in his life soon
    so he wont be that saru anymore
    mami is funny but what she said is true

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was great.....continue soon....i cant wait to see what happen next

    ReplyDelete
  10. So innocent.What happens next

    ReplyDelete
  11. paagal khushi, just love her

    ReplyDelete
  12. this Khushi is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Khushi is absolutely adorable. Loved the update. Looking forward to next part.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very cute. Khushi thought arnav was hesitant to kiss her :-)). The way she was encouraging arnav to kiss her... Too good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This khushj is so innocently adorable no wonder Arnav can't stop laughing.

    I loved mami's blunt suggestion and lightening gift. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving this Khushi... her reason for Arnav to marry her... and her comments on the after effects..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see why Arnav laughs at what Khushi says.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww that was such a cute update, totally loved it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow superb update loved it thank you..........ameena671

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mind blowing.............you are amazing............the anticipation of kiss is very tempting..............

    ReplyDelete
  21. Arnav wanna make sure that nobody can disturb his moments with Khushi..
    Uffff..
    Khushi :)
    U r too much..
    So adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. 🤣🤣🤣🤣khushi's madness is on another level

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha... khushi is too cute :-). She is encouraging Arnav to kiss her :-)).

    ReplyDelete