Monday 19 January 2015

189. OS: 9 The Diabetic and the Halwai (Part 9)




Darlings,

I finally published my romantic novel, A HOME FOR MEENAKSHI on a self-publishing site. It is an e-book. You can purchase it and read it at your leisure. Here's the link. Enjoy!







Part 9




Arnav moved away from her and said reluctantly, “Time for you to go to your room. Looks like someone is awake.”

Khushi blinked.

“Khushi,” he called softly, loving the dazed look in her eyes.

She stared at him silently.

“Khushi, you have to leave now. Koi dekh lega,” he said, a smile on his lips. He held out his hand to help her up from the recliner.

She ignored his hand. Khushi was not bothered about being found in his bedroom at midnight. She had higher things on her mind.

“How come your lips are sweet?” she asked, her voice husky, her senses befuddled.

His eyes flew open.

“You are a diabetic. You can’t take sweets. Then how can you taste so sweet?” she asked directly.

His eyes twinkled in merriment.

“You should taste like karela, but...” Her brain grappled with this vexing problem. “Do I taste bitter?” she asked, worried.

He choked. “No, no. You taste,” he paused. How could he describe her addictive flavour? “Like sugar and spice,” he finally said.

Khushi smiled, happy.

“Khushi, if someone finds you here,” he warned her.
Khushi frowned.

“Both families will fix our marriage at the earliest. We will find ourselves married tomorrow..no, tonight,” he said, looking at the old clock in the room.

Khushi said scoffingly, “No way. They won’t fix my marriage. They know I don’t want to marry.”

Arnav crossed his arms and sighed, a small smile on his lips. “Really?”

“Yes, really. Aapki veg pijja ki kasam,” Khushi replied.

“What will your reply be when they ask you why you came to my bedroom at midnight?” he asked, his head cocked to hear the gems of wisdom falling from her lips.

“I will tell them that I came to scare you,” she replied, quickly picking up the blanket and torch as proof.

“And if they ask why you kissed me?” he asked, enjoying the argument.

“I didn’t kiss you. You kissed me,” she protested, standing up.

“Acha?” he asked. “Why didn’t you push me away?” One eyebrow touched his hairline.

“That..woh...” she floundered. “You are stronger than me. How could I push you away when you were lying over me?” she asked in righteous indignation.

“Why didn’t you tell me you didn’t want to kiss me when I told you I was going to kiss you?” he asked, a smile playing on his lips.

Khushi deflated like a pricked balloon but tried to counter him.

“I was too surprised, too shocked...” she replied. Taking the fight to his corner, she attacked him. “What kind of man are you? Kissing strangers? Chi!” she pretended disgust.

Arnav choked back laughter at her drama.

“Do you do this often?” she asked, one supercilious eyebrow raised in imitation of his.

“No, only when beautiful girls creep into my bedroom at midnight,” he teased.

Her mouth fell open.

He stood waiting for her next attack but was surprised.

“I am a beautiful girl?” she asked, her voice full of doubt, her eyes unsure.

Arnav swallowed. How did she disarm him every single time?

He replied seriously, his eyes directly on hers. “I wish you could see yourself through my eyes.”

She looked at him unblinkingly.

“Lush, silky hair smelling of jasmine...” he began.

“That is the chameli tel I use,” Khushi explained earnestly.

He continued as though she had said nothing, “Skin like ripening wheat, a neck that would put swans to shame, eyes that shine brighter than stars and most seductive of all, your zest for living. Khushi, you are a namuna, a unique piece,” he made love to her with words, with his voice, with his molten eyes.

Her mouth fell open.

“And lips like the petals of a rose,” he said softly.

Her lips trembled. Then she asked, “A red rose?”

“A red rose,” he confirmed, hs voice shaking slightly in mirth.

“Oh,” she thought aloud. “So I am beautiful.”

“Very,” he reassured her, trying to hold back his amusement.

“So you kiss all beautiful girls who visit your bedroom at midnight?” she asked, not wanting to be considered special yet wanting to be special for him.

“Well, yes,” he smiled. “You are the only one who has dared to do so,” he admitted.

She frowned. “Why? Why don’t other girls visit you at night? You kiss well..I mean,” she looked around helplessly. “I have no experience of kissing but you seem OK, nice, good...” Her voice trailed away.

He wiped the smile off his face. “They are scared of me,” he replied.

“Scared? Of you? Why should they be scared of you?” Khushi asked. “What is wrong with the girls of Delhi?”
“I have a bad temper, you see,” he explained.

“So?” she asked, confused.

“I shout,” he admitted.

Khushi laughed. “If you shout at them, they can shout back, can’t they? Devi Maiyya has given them mouths and voices, hasn’t she? Are the girls of Delhi wimps?”

He burst out laughing.

“Ssshhh,” she tried to calm him. “Koi sun lega.”

He took a step towards her. She stepped back. He began to walk towards her, his face filled with amusement and determination and some naughty intention.

She hit the door and stopped.

He came to stand very close to her.

“Why don’t you want to marry, Khushi?” he asked.

Khushi tried to find an answer in her scrambled brain. “Woh...my balushahi,” she began.

“What?” he asked, his lips curving in delight.

“My jalebi and other sweets...I can’t leave them. I won’t leave my Satwik Mishtan Bhandar,” she replied.

“Unbelievable,” he murmured.

“You don’t believe me?” Khushi asked, all injured dignity.

“I believe you,” he said. His breath fell against her face. “I just want you to know...”

“Kya?” she whispered.

“I won’t let any balushahi have you,” he whispered as his lips captured hers once more.

She trembled in his arms.



45 comments:

  1. Look forward to reading this story and more on your blog from now on
    (kiwikali from IF).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was brilliant. Khushi is truly innocent isn't she.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha..ha.. Yes! pagal he par cute he, as someone great once said!

      Delete
  3. such an innocent and naughty Khushi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Koi balushai kushi ko ASR se alag nahi kar sakta.....got kushi really is a namoona.....one single piece. ...entertaining update. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. and namuni of ASR is at it again
    she actually asked him
    didnt think she would
    but this is khushi we are talking about
    course she would ask him
    well now she knows why he tastes so sweet
    and no sweetie you dont taste bitter
    where was this convo going
    had me laughing throughout
    that was so funny
    dont think she would say all right arnav
    no wonder he fell for her
    wow the answers she came up with
    they were good
    so good and they sure shocked him
    so she is first and we hope last girl whom he has fallen so deeply in love with
    well except their daughter if they have one
    but thats for later
    much later i hope
    and am sure he isnt gonna let any sweet have her
    ajeeb prani hain yeh khushi
    she doesnt mind him kissing her
    and even went asking him more about this
    waah kya baat hai

    ReplyDelete
  6. He will have a hard time trying to woo her and win against her sastwik mister bandhar ,but AsRAlways loved a challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How have the mighty fallen! Poor ASR! Having to compete with balushahi & jalebi!

      Delete
  7. Very cute and funny convo between arnav and khushi.... loved them :). Had a smile on my face continously during reading and even long minutes after. Thnx for updating ;).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Short, funny and cute. Was very fluffy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pagal & cute, both Sanka Devi & Sanka Dev!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for the blog link. The update was nice with funny conversation btw Arshi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. Welcome to the blog.

      Delete
  10. A hot, spine-tingling, knock your senses off kiss from the devil himself and all that has Khushi puzzled, is how could a diabetic's lips be sweet ?!? Unbelievable. :-D I mean a normal girl would have melted in to a puddle of mush. LOL But then this is Khushi. Nothing conventional about her.

    Then she puts two and two together, if a diabetic tastes sweet, she herself who is addicted to sweets must taste bitter!!

    "How could I push you away when you were lying over me?” That had me blushing. :P

    She indeed is one of a kind. Guileless yet gutsy, unpretentious yet brash when it comes to holding her ground, a person who sees nothing but the best in all but is completely unaware of her own captivating beauty.

    No wonder the diabetic fell for this extra sweet angoor rabadi.

    ASR will have to raise his game if he wants to ignite the fire of passion in this namoona. I mean even a bare chested encounter, an ode to her beauty and two scorching kisses couldn't veer her off from her balushahi. :)

    Smi, kuchh karo. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kar rahi hoon. Soon he will burn her halwai ka dukaan with his kisses.

      Delete
  11. Hi, I had been your silent reader of ur stories... truly love yr writings and their styles.. they r simple, witty and funny.. hearty wishes to write more.. my only complaint is plz publish ur fore coming episodes quicker:):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am working on my next novel to be published through Pothi.com right now. You can pick up my first novel from the link given at the top of this page.

      As far as ArHi stories are concerned, I will be posting them on Monday & Friday on the blog.

      Delete
  12. Together they make a perfect combination..sugar and spice !

    Sita

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesum part....so innocent and pure convo of arshi....loved the ir moments....balushahi i love them....so khushi can hav arnav and me happpy fr them with my balushahi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome chapter as always. I can't wait for the next thing Khushi does.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the blog link :)
    Aww loved the update so much
    Khushi is so cute how can Arnav resist her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG what a competition! ASR vs SMB
    Waiting for the fireworks

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG what a competition! ASR vs SMB
    Waiting for the fireworks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome update smita. loved Teddy singh raizada very much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome update

    Thanks for blog link

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for blog link...wonderful story

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking forward to reading this story...thx you for the blog link:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great update, Arnav is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was reading this story in IF.I am now here as you have continued in your blog.
    I came looking for your stories Smita from IPKKND Ficverse.

    ReplyDelete